Teeth cleaning ( Scaling Removal)
The application of dental cleaning by dentists is called tartar cleaning. Generally, tartar occurs to plaques formed around the tooth.
One of the things that need to be done in order to eliminate the plaque formed on the teeth is brushing teeth regularly. However, even if the teeth are brushed regularly, it is often not enough to destroy the plaque formed around the teeth.
Before deciding on tartar cleaning, it is necessary to determine whether there is calculus formation in the tooth. The person should be aware of this formation and make an effort to take precautions.
How to Diagnose Calculus?
The concepts of calculus and plaque should not be confused with each other as these two terms have different meanings. Bacteria that occur due to caries and cavities in the teeth is called plaque. Tartars are stone are stone-like solid formations that form on the teeth and bottom of the teeth in cases such as food, drink and stains.
The white or yellow spots on the surface of the teeth are called tartar. Tartars are cleaned by dentists due to their hard structure. When tartar is not treated, bad breath and tooth staining occur. Despite these situations, tartar treatment is extremely simple.
How Scaling is Done?
- In order to prevent tartar, dental floss should be used after periodic tooth brushing. With dental floss, the plaque between the teeth is removed. However, there are some factors that you should pay attention to after dental floss.
- When using dental floss, you should wrap the floss around the middle finger. It is beneficial that the length of the rope is 30 cm on average.
- Floss should be held tautly between the thumb and forefinger and gently threaded into the teeth.
- The floss passed between the teeth should be held in a way similar to “C”.
- By moving the dental floss back and forth, the plaque between the teeth is removed without breaking and straining the floss.
- The process should be repeated in the same way for all teeth.
- The main thing in calculus cleaning is that it is done by a dentist. Tartar are scraped with special equipment by the dentist. The cleaning process is completed by using ultrasound devices. After the process, the teeth are polished and smoothed. During the polishing application, the plaque remaining on teeth is cleaned and removed from the teeth. After the process of tooth cleaning, the teeth become much healthier and brighter.
Things to Consider After Teeth Cleaning
- It is necessary to pay attention to certain sensitivities after the tartar cleaning. After the process, it is absolutely necessary to take into account the recommendations of the dentist.
- After the tooth cleaning, you should not eat or drink anything for 2 hours.
- After the procedure, teeth become sensitive to hot and cold for 24 hours. Therefore, extremely hot or cold foods should be avoided.
- Ice packs should be applied for swelling in the gums.
- Mild painkillers can be used if the pain is felt after the application.
- After the application, gargle with salt to be mixed in warm water can be used to shorten the healing process.
- During this time, regular brushing of the teeth is continued every day.
- Dentist control should be continued at least every 6 months.
Since tartar has a bad appearance in the mouth, it is one of the issues that need to be treated urgently. Depending on the mouth and gingival structure of the people, the formation of tartar occurs continuously. This situation can be reduced by regular brushing and flossing. However, this occurrence cannot be completely prevented. In this case, tartar cleaning should be done regularly.
Request an Interview
Contact us now about Clinic +1 and all other issues, start receiving expert support.